5/8/14

FAVORITE COASTAL LOOKS ON PINTEREST

PINTEREST FAVORITES
ON MY BOARDS, HERE ARE THE TOP TEN PINS....

1.
NAUTICAL ROOM - ABOVE
And who could blame anyone for liking this fresh, crisp, coastal room.  
Love the oars, the pond boat, and the ease of the slipcovered furniture...

2.
Tied for 2nd place, this arrangement of sea fan and corals
in a rustic urn...
and this coastal cottage display case from Stanley Furniture
a good place to display that shell, coral, sea fan collection...
3.
3rd place, another room with a view
love the beamed ceiling and the casual wicker style furniture
and that lovely shade of gray/blue on the walls
4.
this banquette took 4th place
along with its array of fun graphic pillows 
5.
More sea fan fun (or is that a coral) topping a vintage bottle
6.
Sixth Place is shared by this room in the colors of sand and sea glass
 and a headboard made from oars... so clever!
7.
Pinterest pinners were taken with this sails and sea painting
this collection of glass floats in an antique wooden dough bowl 

and this hooked rug depicting the Nantucket Ferry
8.
Next on the list is a clever way to display shells 
inside a vintage birdcage
I think I see a light in there too?
and the spot is shared with this clever
 towel storage above beadboard wainscoating
 and this centerpiece of shells and coral
9.
And speaking of coral
I'm a fan of this great lamp - 
 and these starfish and sea urchin pillows made from chenille bedspreads
 Equally popular is this photograph of the ocean
in turquoise, glorious turquoise
10.
Last but not least, this collection of beach glass 
charmed pinners
as did this nautical bathroom with really great chevron
wainscoat below navy grass cloth and fat crown molding.
(I love the starfish prints, too)
the beachy pastel hues of these weathered oars
 were irresistible.
So, were you surprised? or did you agree with most of the favorites?
How about the wall color in this cozy nook, below
rounding out the top ten.
 
SEA SALT by Sherwin Williams
on of my favorite paint colors....

*************************************************

QUESTION FROM A READER:

(Kissy Lewis shared your blog post on Google+)
So ignore the fact google thinks my name is Kissy..typo, don't know how to fix. Anyway can't wait to add some botanical prints to my home, I'm bookmarking this post for future reference but first I need to get through the major remodeling stuff. Right now I need to pick a new cabinet color. I was going to paint them white, then a gray with blue undertones, now?? I have Artic White solid surface counters and stainless steel appliances. I purchased BM paint in Storm for the cabs but when I started painting it looks like baby blue, yuck. Please help. I love white cabs but I'm afraid white on white could go terribly wrong. My latest thought is edgecomb gray by BM? I just don't want it to look like I painted them beige. And I don't want them to have a modern look. They are shaker style and will have chrome pulls. We have warm medium toned laminate floors.

I'm not sure how to upload photos to the comment so I will link my blog about our home remodeling project. Would love your feedback! Thanks, Kristine http://dreamingdecor.blogspot.com/


Hi Kristine,
You look like you are having fun with your remodel! 
I'm not opposed to an all white look, but it tends to look a little sterile if it isn't done correctly.   
Seems to me the heart of the home ought to be just a little warm...

even the addition of the wood chair legs and the contrast of the light fixtures 
help keep this kitchen from being too stark

same idea here - the warmer tones of the chairs
and the green topiaries do wonders for this all white space

and matchstick window coverings and other wood tones 
do the same for this kitchen
  
If all white isn't for you and you want to try some color, I would steer away from the blue undertones, as the light in your kitchen seems to do something funny to those tones - I don't think I've ever seen Storm turn that blue... here are a few suggestions in the gray to greige family.
First the visuals.


Pale gray (similar to Edgecomb)

Soft Greige (similar to Revere Pewter)


Medium Gray



Darker




Good choices for Cabinets:  
Benjamin Moore:  Copley Gray, Rockport Gray, Kendall Charcoal, Gettysburg Gray
Martha Stewart:  Fieldstone, Bedford Gray

Still can't make up your mind?  Try two tone.  



Good Luck!  Do let me know what you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highly intelligent comments from amazing readers...

WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...